Saturday, June 26, 2010

A vivid dream

It is 5:30 a.m. and I just woke from an extraordinarily vivid dream.  The kind of dream that when you wake up you are not sure if it was real or not. 

In the dream, I lived in a wooded area, in an old barn-shingle house where other people lived as well.  I had just gotten home when the weather turned foul...quickly.  The next thing I know the house is ripped from its foundation and starts spinning.  I realize that the house has been picked up by a twister and we spin very quickly for what feels like a long time, but in reality was probably less than a minute.  The house is gently put down next to the foundation. 

I stumble out of the house, in shock/amazement at what just happened.  I try calling people to tell them my house was just picked up by a twister and taken off the foundation but can't get anyone on the phone.  As soon as start dialing again, I see 20 large, threatening twisters coming at me from every direction.  They circle around where I am standing and completely destroy my house...leaving it in splinters.  The storm passes.  It is quiet and the sun comes out.  My reaction?  How do I get a FEMA trailer?

What do you think that means?????

3 comments:

  1. Did you find a pair of ruby slippers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ex, daughter, son, finances, job, social life, travel, love life, self expectations...shall I continue? You feel it's all coming at you- the good news is it's only stumbled you, it hasn't displaced you. Accept the fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means you are a survivor of whatever happens.

    ReplyDelete