Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summertime and the livin' is....

I am taking the day off work today to chaperone Michael's third grade field trip to Plimoth Plantation.  I think this should be interesting on a number of fronts. 

First...spending the day in charge of 5 nine year olds that, quite frankly, can get crazy silly over the most mundane happening.  Second...trying to see if they are actually going to learn something from this step back in time.  Third...I already feel somewhat jealous of the simpler life the pilgrims had (OK, I know...pestulance and other difficulties aside) where they never had to yank a nine year old away from a Nintendo DS and beg for eye contact during communication. I get excited just thinking about how the 9 year olds would work from sun up to sun down and not expect to get a $50 bill and trip to GameStop for doing it.  Perhaps I will bring that up on the bus...I just hope I don't get tossed out the emergency exit door at the back of the bus while a bunch sweetly smiling children wave good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment