Tuesday, June 22, 2010

thinking too much

It is amazing how my brain can be split along two lines of thought at the same time.
  • Thought A) How do I plan the rest of my life? How do I get beyond where I am right now? I only have vague goals and I don’t work well with vague goals. I have never had a difficult time saying “That is where North is and where I want to be”. But, for some reason, I am struggling with it. I don’t do well without clarity and goals.
  • Thought B) Boy, the beach would be a great place to take a nap. Perhaps I should just live simply for a while and not worry about the future. Take a break. It has been a tremendous amount of change over the past 4 years. Clear the decks and breathe.
What am I waiting for? It is like I need a sign from above to help me get some forward movement. Sitting still in my current situation doesn’t feel good because, unfortunately, I am not on the beach taking a breath. Either I need to give it up and step away for a while or get serious and make something happen…but what?

I think this is why all the drama with my ex and his circle of support bothers me so much.  If I had more of a plan for myself, I would be able to brush it off and say "This is where I am headed and the noise you are making doesn't hinder my ability to move forward."  That is where I need to get to...and soon!

1 comment:

  1. In defining yourself to live up to the expectation or present an appearance more accepting to others, then you might as well build a house of cards in the wind.. Learn to accept that you have that part of you that wants to be loved, accepted, admired; yet another part who is younger and wants to play in the sand. You can be both; just do for you FOR YOU, for your children, for a solid foundation that embraces serenity and self acceptance, love, and admiration - no one can take that away.

    ReplyDelete