Monday, March 8, 2010

Ah, Spring...why do you taunt me so?

The warm weather is here...for now.  It reminded me of why I am alive.  For some reason, this winter was tough.  I have never had a problem with winter before...always loving the cold air, the zest from the frost, the warm wools as they run through my fingers with winter knitting.  However this year, for the first time, I struggled.  I felt it hard to get out of the house, feeling like there wasn't enough sunshine, that I was only breathing recycled air. 

Today was a gift.  I went to work without a coat on and didn't regret it one moment!  I think I now understand when people say things to me about how they hate New England winters.  I don't think I am there yet, but I get it.  I am not ready to become a snow bird, but man oh man...Here comes the sun, la da da da da...it's all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment