Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring!

I am sitting in my new office which has a door out to the roof deck of our office. Spring in Boston is an experience…much like dating. It is either joyfilled, sunny and invigorating or pouring, cold and harsh. Today it is the former. It is so hard to be indoors and while I watch the white clouds blow through the bluest sky Boston has seen in months. (The joy of an office with a roof deck is that the people in the condos/hotels forget that even though they are up pretty high…we can see right into their windows. Let’s just say the man on the 8th floor of the Boston Harbor Hotel should try underwear…


The other thing that has me motivated is that I finished Miri’s socks, have started another pair and found a great scrap project. I keep all the scraps when I finish socks and through them in a bucket. Every two years or so, the bucket gets to be overflowing and I have to find a home for the scraps…This year, I am making a king-sized coverlet for my bed out of mitred squares of left over sock yarn. One of the reasons I love this project is that it is quick, portable and easy. But the best part is that I remember each pair of socks, who I made them for and why. Having them with as I lay back and relax is really a great thing. So, I find that as I make each square, I think of the person I made the socks for and my grandmother that taught me this talent…Oh how I miss her….

No comments:

Post a Comment