Saturday, March 13, 2010

My life is guaged by my use of wool

I have come to understand that I have a meter for how well my life is going...how high my stress is and whether or not I need to refocus.  It is my use of wool.  I have come to understand that my life is out of control, too busy, and unmanaged when my use of wool goes down. 

Feeling wool (or cotton or bamboo or some other natural fiber - you can keep the cheap crap) running through my fingers as I hear the very gentle tap tap tapping of needles is soothing.  there is something primal about feeling the fiber work into something substantial that makes me feel like I have accomplished something.  Those of you that know me well have a sense of how obsessed I can be when I start a new project or creation.  I have to finish it.  I have to smell it and know that this single fiber has become so entwined and complex and has resulted in something I am proud of -- much like my life.  The more complex my life becomes, the more I am proud of it.  I realize that I could not feel good about myself if my life was simple.  It is just not me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment