Thursday, August 19, 2010

Expectations gone awry

I was so looking forward to this morning. It is the first morning in more than a week that I had the morning to myself (and the last morning for more than a week…) I spent an entire week thinking of taking last night and getting my house in order again, getting up and enjoying a cup of coffee, taking a shower with having to yell “I’m in the shower…give me two minutes!” and actually getting to work with a minute or two to spare.

I must have been asking for too much! My house is a wreck, I overslept so I raced through my shower, haven’t had coffee yet (can you imagine?) and barely made it to work on time. Is this the karma gods telling me something?

My mother comes tonight for a three night visit. So tomorrow, even though I am taking the day off from work, I don’t expect an easy, relaxed or quiet morning…but I do plan on yelling “I don’t know…go ask your grandmother!” as close my eyes and sink deeper into the tub (and hearing the duck squeek.)

1 comment: