Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello brick wall...let me introduce you to my head

Some days are like banging your head against the wall.  The simple things that should just naturally happen are made difficult.  Power and control rears it's ugly head. Deep breathing so I don't go crazy.  Say "yes" when I can and make it about the kids.

The kids are with me.  Michael tells me that he had a note from camp that talked about what he needed to be prepared for camp in the morning.  The note was taken out of his bag.  When I sent an email explaining that both parents needed to have all of the information so that we could co-parent effectively, I get the "non answer" of "copies are being made."  Yet, I still don't know how to prepare Michael in the morning. 

How will Michael feel when he gets to camp and doesn't have what he needs for the daily fun activities and all his peers are prepared and ready to go.  Who do you think he is going to get frustrated at?  It is not worth the fight.  I will just ensure Michael has a good day and figure it all out on my own.

So this just means one more brick wall to break down...with my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment