Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nothing White

That has been my diet.  No white flour.  No white sugar. No white rice. No white potatoes.  The only white things I have been eating are cauliflower, dairy and fish/chicken.  That and portion control has had a significant effect on my body.  In one month I have gone from a size 36 to a 34.  My energy is up. I feel better.

However, I realize that I have a real relationship with food.  Giving up all the food that I love and the ability to eat what I want when I want is like being in mourning for a lost relationship.  I feel like I have been ditched at the alter.  No wonder keeping my body in shape has been a life long struggle.  I have been in this relationship with food for a loooong time!  Over the past several years, I have been making lots of relationship changes, and I realized that this relationship had to be the next one to change. 

This is not to stay that we won't try to get together again in the future -- that I won't have a lonely night without a creamsicle and want to reunite, but I am trying hard to maintain the same philosphy I have with other relationships I had to end.  I ended it for a reason.  Even if I miss it, and forget why we broke up...we broke up for a reason. 

1 comment:

  1. I give myself Sunday "diet day off" so that I don't miss, and can look forward to things that I don't eat in a quest for health. Usually when Sunday comes I feel so good about myself, the craving has passed, but if not...I go for it and enjoy! It's worked for me.

    ReplyDelete