Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Some beginnings are over!

So, here I am thinking how much I love being a Dad.  Working with people trying to become a parent. How much I love my kids and all I could think about was how happy I was now that I am off the baby making train!  It is a process that while going through it, I would never want to go through it again.  The stress and anxiety...the expense and lack of control...my age! 

So, while the beginning of new life is not happening in my family for a while (thank goodness!), I am excited that the other new beginnings that are happening in my house.  The kids are doing well and developing into people that I really like (which was a concern of mine!).  And I am starting to develop into someone that I really like as well.  For the first time in my life (that I can remember) I feel truly powerful.  Not in the evil meglomaniac kind of way (although some of you may disagree...) but in the I can do anything kind of way.  There were periods in my life when this feeling would come and go...and it is starting to become more consistent.  I like this sense of being on a road to somewhere.  I guess this happens when you are spending your time, money and energy trying to create a family...you get to grow a family.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment