Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Breaking the Moment

Do you know those times when you are sitting at home or work and you are waiting? Not sure what you are waiting for, just waiting…for the phone to ring, for an email to come, for something to change the way your day is going? Well, I am having one of those days. I know full well that I could get off my chair, do something different, change my perspective, but I seem stuck. Just sitting here. Doing nothing. Expecting something to happen. (We all know how this is going to turn out, don’t we?) I have played my online scrabble moves. I have checked my email. What to do next? I am a smart guy and I know I can do lots of things. Sitting here like this isn’t helping.


If one of you told me you were in this situation, what would I tell you? Step away from the computer. Stand up and take a walk. Drink a glass of water. Sing. Do some sit ups. Do something that is so contrary to what you are doing now and see if it shakes things up. OK. I am going to step away from the compu

No comments:

Post a Comment