Thursday, December 10, 2009

Same Old New Beginning

Yesterday at work, I was on a skype call with clients. At one point in the conversation, I stood up and saw myself on the monitor. I was horrified at what I saw. Now, I have mirrors in my house. I have seen myself dressed and naked…and it just didn’t register. I have been letting myself go. Actually, I think I am past the point of letting myself go….I have left the building.


I have gained weight. My skin looked terrible. And, I looked tired. I realized that I was eating my way through all of this transition. I stopped really looking in the mirror. I stopped moving. I sit on my ass all day and then don’t do anything physical at night. I am just not taking care of myself. Today, I begin anew.

I am back to my strict dietary regiment. Nothing white (save cauliflower, milk, yogurt, cheese). No white flour. No white sugar. No red meat. And, a healthy respect for portion control to round it all off. I am going to try to move everyday.

I am too smart to say that this change is going to last a lifetime, but I am committed for today. Tomorrow, I will get up and commit again. I am talking about this here, because I want all of you to be witness. I believe that change is more likely to happen when you make the change public. So, here it is. I am changing. I am going to take better care of myself, eat better and not be afraid of skype anymore.

1 comment: