Thursday, December 3, 2009

Beginning to Date

Dating. It is the grown up version of a wedgie with a side of noogie, followed by an Indian sunburn. So I have been trying out this dating thing. My friend Robin and I were talking one night about how to be single. We both agreed that we didn’t want to go “man shopping”. You know…when you look at every man as a possible mate and are always asking yourself if you are missing the next big thing. I want to be open if some great opportunity should come my way, but I am trying to learn how to live singly and date occasionally.


So, the living singly thing is harder than I thought it would be. I am independent and love to be in charge of my life and stuff. However, when I am home alone at the end of the day, I find that I spend all the time in my room, the house is dark and I am starting to become a bit of a hermit. So, this is where the dating comes in. I knew that I needed to get out there. I would like to get married again…sometime in my life, but not anytime soon. I am not ready to give up my freedom or independence just yet. However, it would be nice to have someone that would make me want to look to the future.

So here is the dating record so far. A few dates with really nice guys and ZERO magic. Then, there are the others. I have an initial conversation with someone and they tell me about all of their psychosocial stressors, pre-existing conditions and urgency to run to the altar. I’ll take a noogie and wedgie please.

2 comments:

  1. You need to sign up for an adult learning class or take yourself and the kids to Panera, get a nosh, and get on the computer by the fireplace there. It will at least get you out at night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenny...I think you are right...it sure beats dating!

    ReplyDelete