Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stretching Out

One of the great things about not being so overwhelmed with stress and work is that I have time to stretch out in really cool and new ways.  I figured, while I had unstructured time, I should really  invest in myself as much as possible.  It took me a while to start to figure it out, but here is where my focus is being placed:

Growing my practice.  This is critical and I am trying to think outside of the box and am marketing myself in every conceivable way.  I have always been a good networker and I look to find opportunities to speak to one new person everyday.

Getting the book completed.  This has been a bit more daunting that I realized.  It is a fun and important project but I am slowly realizing how much of a time suck it is going to be.  I am happy to invest in because it is important and I am 100% committed, but it still makes me take pause every once in a while and ask, "Can I really pull this off?"  (For those of you that know me...you have the answer.)

Diversifying my career.  I am speaking to a local college next week to discuss becoming an adjunct instructor.  This will be a great addition to my resume and puts me back on the academic track.  I have always had a Ph.D. in me...and I can feel it coming closer.  I am also looking to partner with other agencies to create multiple income streams.  Even if the stream is small and shallow...it is important!

Learning ASL.  There are only 5 registered ASL therapists in MA.  I have always wanted to learn and what a better motivation!?  My friend Lana is going to teach me and I can't wait!  I know the alphabet and numbers but hopefully I will be signing as fast as I talk in no time at all!

Spending more time relaxing.  Unfortunately, the working out has suffered a bit but I am spending more time doing things that bring me pleasure, like knitting, reading, cooking and going for a run.  It is hard to do this sometimes though because I am still not used to just doing what I want during the day and having no accountability unless I set it up.  It is weird but feels good.

Tending the home fires.  I find that I am far more relaxed and the family is the overall winner.  Everyone seems more relaxed, stress free and chill.


2 comments:

  1. As I am starting my own practice I got some great advice at how to kickstart it.. if interested email me or give me a shout at 508-333-5003. Have you done CAQH yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am through CAQH and have been panelled on many insurances already. The marketing is starting to pay off, the problem is that I am impatient!

    ReplyDelete