Monday, June 4, 2012

Going back

Just before I left my job, I agreed to do four days of consulting.  The first is tomorrow.  Here is what I realize:

1.  That job really was emotionally challenging and unhealthy for me.  I don't know how I survived the stress and anxiety of it day to day (other than knowing that there other really great people that worked there)

2.  I am having huge anxiety at the thought of going back so soon.  I wish I had more time before re-entering the building, but unfortunately the work has to be done now.  I want to maintain as many positive relationships as I can, but I am really feeling dread about walking in tomorrow.  I am sure it will be fine, but if I feel like this now, it is a real indicator of what daily life was like before.

3.  I am so thankful to have so much opportunity in front of me.  It is extremely anxiety provoking (in a good way) to have to build it and survive on my own, but I now hold my own destiny and am doing all I can to reach higher and work harder.  All of this with no one trying to break me down (other than my own self-defeating inner voice when things get crazy).

4.  I will get through two days this week and two days next week (and the money is appreciated!) and then I should spend some time reflecting on all of it because if I have this reaction at the thought of going there, I have some baggage that needs tending to!

No comments:

Post a Comment