Sunday, June 10, 2012

Friends, Food and Family

Yesterday was such a terrific day of connections and reconnections.

It was Gay Pride in Boston and Joe had to work.  The kids weren't with me and I was missing them.  (I love when they are home...everything is right with the world when I see them in their beds...)  So, the day was mine and I had no commitments other than the ones I chose to make.  IT has been a long time since I have had that kind of freedom and I made the most of it.

I went to the parade in the morning with Tressa, Miri and Jake.  We laughed, caught beads and enjoyed a really fun and festive parade.  It was like old times where everything was easy and quick quips would turn us into hysterical laughter every couple of minutes.  During the parade, I ran into someone I went to elementary school with and a friend from High School, Ken, who is on a very interesting personal journey.

I had several hours by myself to stroll through town and went to the festival and was able to do some marketing for my practice and make some great connections that will lead to new and interesting work.  It felt good and brought a new level of excitement for what is coming.  I didn't want to spend money so I didn't go shopping or buy food that I didn't need.  Instead, I sat and actually enjoyed the weather, people watching and felt that I could slow down and just be.

Then a huge moment.  I was able to connect and have dinner with friends that I haven't seen in nearly 20 years.  Ann, who I found out is living in Worcester and Charlie, who was visiting from London with her husband and brother and I were able to reconnect with Joe for dinner.  It was an amazing dinner.  We talked like no time had passed, shared stories of amazing times and laughed like only friends who have been through something special can do. 

I ended the night with Dane, Michelle, and great friends from grad school as we watched their wedding video on an oustide screen by a fire pit and ate the top layer of their wedding cake.  As always, the food was out of this world and the friendship meaningful. 

Wow...the life of an adult is pretty good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment