Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Awash with Opportunity

So, leaving my job was such a scary thing.  For me, for my family, for the universe really (because doesnt the universe revolve around me???).  Now that I have been at this for two months, I have some other challenges other than surviving. 

Everything seems to be coming to fruition all at the same time.  My clinical practice is basically full.  I am only taking on new clients as replacements as current clients move on.  The book is starting to progress.  It looks likely that I will be joining the faculty at one of the Boston colleges and work with clinics is pending.  There is so much opportunity (and I am not laughing at you Karma....really ... no need to seek revenge!) that I have to start being more judicious in how I schedule and fit it all in. 

I have sacrificed some of my evening family time with the thought that it is "just for now" while I figure it all out.  My plan is to scale back once I know how it all works.  This is a new type of learning for me....focus.  Now that I have tipped over the apple cart and have seen where all the apples are, it is time to start picking them all up and stacking them neatly back in the cart.  That part is always a bit more challenging for me. 

Anyone want to make applesauce with me????

No comments:

Post a Comment