Friday, June 22, 2012

All I need now is...

OK...Transition update time!

I can't believe that I am as busy as I am!  I am seeing about 10-15 clients regularly (wish they all came every week!).  I am hoping for for 30 regular so I am between 1/3 and 1/2 there.  Not bad for only doing this for one month and we are entering summer (the slow season for therapy...I guess anxiety gets a vacation too!).

The book is also taking up quite a bit of time.  I have spent hours this week lining up the contributors.  I have donors, surros, parents, doctors, lawyers, clinicians...all writing their pieces.  I can't believe that this is all coming together.  I have had this book in my head for several years and to see it come to life is ... like giving birth!  However, I may need the epidural before this over...

The other projects I am working on are getting licensed in Connecticut to work over the border and supplement the income and trying to get an adjunct position at one of the universities as a field advisor.  So, clearly there is a lot going on.  All I have to do now is get people to give me money for all this work!  I have never been happier or more challenged, but also very nervous until I see greater evidence that all this work is going to pay off...literally.  So...all you loyal readers, this boy needs all of your good karma and if you have a referral or two...that would also help!

No comments:

Post a Comment