Friday, May 18, 2012

Final Friday

Today is my final day at the agency.  I am moving on.  I am now solely responsible for my income with no safety nets.  It is all me.  I waiver between excitement, joy, inspiration, fear, worry and anxiety.  I must be successful because failure is just not an option for me.  I worry about having enough money to support my family, feed the kids, pay the rent, etc...but I also can't imagine sinking to that level of desperation. I have always thrown myself into really crazy situations that require me to make bold decisions to be successful and I haven't failed yet.  I can't imagine that this is the time that it happens...but it is scary just the same.

So...I have decided to stay in the moment and enjoy the transition.  Today, I say goodbye to working with an amazing group of people that have made this experience memorable, a terrific education and full of laughs.  They are throwing me a going away party on the office deck tonight and I plan to focusing on how delicious my hamburger is going to be.  There is plenty of time tomorrow to worry about everything else.  Oh...and if you know anyone that needs a great therapist...give them my number!


1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Boy can I feel you! I tried for a year to hang on in New Orleans after Katrina, and finally realized it would never be the same. I walked away from my state job in April 2006 and I've managed to keep myself with a roof by dyeing yarn in Houston. It's a hard way to earn money, but it CAN be done.
    Ray Whiting (Knitivity on Ravelry and Facebook)

    ReplyDelete