Sunday, April 24, 2011

Disney...and more

I am in Florida and feel like I am walking on the surface of the sun.  It is so hot that I cant understand how people live here.  That small inconvenience aside, my tribe had a good trip to the South.  I usually come down with very low expectations, especially since the divorce.  I just find that there are so many dynamics to manage that I can't relax and have a good time. 

However, I am happy to report that other than a few minor (and slightly expensive) hiccups, the trip was one of the best we have had.  The children had an amazing time at Disney.  Watching Olivia have private conversations with Cinderella and Belle then testing her bravery on the Rocky Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain; having Michael ask for special one on one time...and being able to give it to him at least once a day; staying on my diet (with the briefest of breaks when thoroughly enjoying a slice of Olivia's fudgy birthday cake!); running everyday with Michael (and beating him every time ~ although he blamed it all on the Florida heat...I am blaming it on good training!); seeing old family friends and reconnecting with my sister and her partner in a really wonderful way.

While I am exhausted and not prepared to get my kidlings up at 4:00 am to head to the airport, I think the trip was a success and one they will remember for a lifetime.  It was well worth the sacrifice and stress of trying to pull off something that was a bit beyond my means.  Tomorrow, we return to normal, living conservatively and focusing on the all the realities of our lives.  The joy of my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment