Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My next big challenge

My next big challenge is facing me squarely on.  It is one that I knew was coming, one that I tried to emotionally prepare for but now that the reality of it is here...I am stymied and trying to overcome. I am trying to study, take and pass my highest level licensing exam.  I am feeling incompetent, uneducated and unprepared. 

I know I have the ability to learn what I need, but I also have major test anxiety.  The exam covers every aspect of my profession from basic knowledge to direct application of methodology and treatment plans.  I have been working in such a niche market for so long that I haven't focused on so many basic aspects of mental health.  I have never worked in geriatrics, dealth with psychopharm, created a discharge plan, etc. 

To make this happen, I have started taking practice tests, studying, doing lots of deep breathing...

Will I pass.  Yes.  Will I have major anxiety until I do?  Yes.  These are the challenges that make us who we are.  Not always life threatening, but personal challenges that tell us that we can be more than we thought we were. 

1 comment:

  1. It's really not that bad. I reviewed the test kit the day before and passed. You'll do great.

    ReplyDelete