Friday, June 24, 2011

Choices...and we all make them

So, it seems that lately anxiety and stress have been creeping back in.  Friends in crisis.  Exam stress.  Deepening relationships.  Oh yeah...let's not forget about parenting and work.

As a result, I have been letting anxiety manage my behavior and haven't been making the most rational of choices.  Yesterday, in particular, was a high anxiety/high stress day.  I let it cloud my thinking and made choices that should have, in reflection, been different.  Of course, once all of that comes to light, the natural reaction is embarrassment, a touch of shame, a slight loss of dignity, etc.

Today is a day of perspective.  Reassessing.  Learning from the missteps of yesterday.  That is how I behaved in the moment.  Today I will be better.  This being human thing really sucks sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment