Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas time has come

What a difference a year makes.  I can't believe that the children and I are about to celebrate our second Christmas holiday in this apartment.  The year went by so very quickly.  Last year, I had no joy, no celebration and worried about how I would provide for my little tribe, what kind of Christmas celebration would I be able to arrange and whether or not I could put on a cheery face for the little ones.  Because the children still believe in Santa, I had to purchase my own presents and stocking stuffers, wrap them and put them under the tree....so sad!  Last year the Christmas tree was on the sidewalk by noon on Boxing Day with all the ornaments packed and stored.

This year...I am slowly enjoying letting the holiday roll over me.  The tree is up and I am pleased with it.  The presents are mostly purchased and wrapped.  This year, I purchased myself some mighty fine bling and things that Santa just knew that I wanted!  The tree may last until January the way I am feeling.  The children are excited.  We had our Santa picture (even though Santa yelled at me for putting my hand in the picture). 

This year we will have a holly jolly Christmas Eve and morning.  When the children go to the other side for Christmas Day...I may go to the movies, visit a friend, ... or just sit home alone in my PJs watching bad TV...but I won't be sad this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment