Thursday, September 30, 2010

Nothing going on

I am in this period of nothing going on.  I am on a simple track of work and parenting.  There isn't a lot of diversion.  For the most part, I am having no stressors, no major battles, no mountains to climb (and for those that really know me, realize that is weird).

At times, I feel like I need to tip over the apple cart just to see where the apples will fall.  These periods of "rest" don't always feel comforting or good to me.  It has come to my awareness that I am at my best when there is major activity and my brain must solve/resolve complexity, when I am up against deadline and major project accomplishment.  This relatively easy period is unsettling.  I really should try relax, regroup, reenergize and plan for the future.  It just isn't me no matter how hard I try.  I want challenge.  I want to focus on something big.  These periods of "nothing going on" make me feel that I am not accomplishing anything.  Does anyone have an apple cart I can borrow?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Type A Personality...enjoy the peace. It won't last! If you really want a challenge, come over here and shear my goats. I hope you don't mind getting urine all over you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the goats, not me. That's a whole different challenge!

    ReplyDelete