Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Beatles Appreciation

I had such a treat on Sunday!  My friend, Ken, suggested that we attend a Beatles/Sgt. Pepper’s Open Sing.  Now…for those of you who know me…

Let’s just say that I grooved, I moved and I crowed.  An amazing time!  What was also amazing was to spend time with another single, gay Dad with kids around the same age as mine.  I have been working so hard lately, that I forget about taking in what is important and taking care to focus on what is a priority (hence my growing waistline).   Taking a few minutes out to feel the joy and really get the lyrics from this brilliant piece of history left such an impact on me.  Have you ever read the lyrics from the Sgt. Peppers album?  Do it…and promise me that you will still love me when I am 64.

No comments:

Post a Comment