Sunday, January 9, 2011

Casa Elliott

After being in this apartment for 16 months, I have come to the resolution that I am not going anywhere soon. I guess when I moved in, I only expected to be here a year or two.  I now realize that I will be here for quite a while.  That is okay but it requires some change.

This apartment, while roomy and a great situation financially and logistically, is locked in 1971.  I haven't put any time, resources and design into it.  As such, it hasn't felt like home.  I have come to the understanding that I am tired of coming here at the end of the day and feeling like I am at someone else's apartment.  I must claim my space, make it my own and make peace with the fact that I don't own my own home anymore, that it will be time before I will again and that I can do better here than I have been allowing myself.

I have spent the weekend moving furniture, picking up some new pieces, getting things on the wall, cleaning, organizing and ... wallah!  I am already starting to feel like this is my space.  I am ordering some new furniture and I am excited for it to arrive...Casa Elliott is blooming!

Now on to my next project...I want to organize a flash mob...anyone with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment