Friday, November 2, 2012

Be Careful What You Ask For

Sound advice!  My life is an embarssment of riches and I can't take it anymore.  I am more than willing to share the riches of my success because I can't manage it! 

My business has taken off so quickly that I can't keep up with demand and I have a hard time saying "no" to new clients.  So, this leaves me completely overscheduled.  I have added the equivalent of a whole day to my calendar without having the luxury of actually have those hours to schedule.  In addition, my teaching career is taking off and it looks like I am being asked to teach more classes next year -- which is something I would really love to do. 

My children are level, loving and involved in terrific activities as I had hoped for.  This means that the requirements on me are getting more intense as they need additional support and encouragement.  I give this willingly and freely, but not without noting the additional drain on my already subpar energy levels.

My relationship with Joe is terrific.  I don't know what I would do without him, but the crazy schedule has taken away some of our free time and I miss him terribly.  I have to be so mindful about our connection that the naturalness of it seems to be taken somewhat away.

I have really found a friend in my ex husband, which is a joy.  It is something that I have hoped for since we made the decision to separate.  The challenge is how to grow this new fangled relationship in the face of all the stumbling blocks we have overcome.

OK...I get it.  My life is good.  I am thankful.  I just wish it was this good in smaller pieces so that I could take it all in and enjoy it a bit more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment