Thursday, September 29, 2011

It is serious now

This week, I was officially put on the Boston Marathon team for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I was excited...then scared.  It is all real now.  Talking about running a marathon and raising money was great in theory, but now I feel the heavy burden of it all!  I am happy I am doing it, but I am not yet fully confident of my ability to complete it.  I am sure that is part of why I am doing what I am doing.

I have put up my fundraising page ( http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/boston12/ekronenfel )and some friends have already started to donate (I am sooo very thankful!).  I am 3% toward my goal.   I have approximately six months to raise my goal of $8000.  Which in the beginning, I thought would be easy.  However, in this economy, the reactions are slower and the contributions all the more meaningful because I know how much people really have to make stricter decisions on how they use their limited free cash. 

From the training perspective, running has become more serious.  I am now feeling guilty if I am not running at least three times a week.  I am trying to break up what I am doing for training, but am concerned that I am not seeing increased mileage.  (I am hovering at about 6 miles per run.)  I am sure that when I start actively working with the team and the coaches, changes will happen. But for now, I feel the knees, the toes, the heels, the hamstrings....and I am only at six miles.  All I ask is no pictures please as I head up Heartbreak Hill.  I won't be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment