Tuesday, October 11, 2011

So, a new day...

I am still thinking a lot about what I wrote yesterday.  I am incredibly aware of how much I am in my own way. It seems that my eyes are open in a different way.  I am noticing how people react to me...how I react to people.  How my body feels physically and emotionally.  I think I may have really tapped into a different understanding of the day to day and feel like I can't just put it aside.  (Just bear with me for a while as I figure this out...)

It is like when you buy a new car...and then as you drive down the road, it seems that everyone is driving that car.  My awareness has been sharpened on a few things.  I was talking with Joe last night about how I parent my children based on my needs, not theirs.  I contemplated this and I realize that I interact with others based on my need, not theirs (or least not in unison of our mutual need...).  No wonder everything feels like it takes more energy than it should...because I am expending more energy than I need to!

Someone at work told me last week that he thought I was hungry for power and status to satisfy my ego (not in a "you are a bad person way" but in a "I think you are eager to accomplish things and have status" way.)  I was shocked.  I told him that my ego wasn't that big and that I was just focused on the task at hand.  And, yes...accomplishment was big for me.  I don't like to be stagnant.  I must always be in motion.  But, why?  Maybe my ego does need a certain amount of constant feeding and I need to be aware of that so that I can stop being driven by it.

Insights anyone?  

No comments:

Post a Comment