Sunday, October 16, 2011

New starts ... again

For those of you that are loyal readers (and I love you for that!), you know that I have been going through a very long period of trying to figure out who I am, where I belong and what I want.  Along with that also comes the other difficult tasks, such as figuring out what I am afraid of, how I self-sabotage my good intentions and how I need to increase my awareness.  Clearly no small feat!  It is a battle that I win on some days...and die a tragic death on others.

One of the big dreams I have had was to better understand what my role is and how my strengths will bring me there.  I have tried new parenting techniques this weekend, and got great results.  (Yes, I did slip into some old bad patterns and behaviors and received harsh reminders that my ego was not being enjoyed by my children!  Hey...learning takes time!  I will get there!)

I also made another major step!  I signed a lease for an office sublet to open my private practice!  It is a beautiful office, fully furnished and ready to go!  This has been a dream of mine for many years.  I have worked toward this goal for the past five years and am thrilled that I can see my hard work starting to pay off!  I know it won't be easy.  I will make the best choices I can and hope that I am really helping others when the day is done.    But for now, I am excited for the opportunity to get started.  I feel like I am on a path to reclaiming a greater degree of independence and control over my future! 

(So....if you happen to know anyone that could use a great therapist in the greater Boston area....)

No comments:

Post a Comment