Monday, October 17, 2011

Reading between the lines...

OK...I am known for acting boldly...jumping ahead and taking risks. When you are a person that does that, you have to assume that not everyone will automatically jump on board with full support and excitement.  I had to laugh this morning when I started telling some folks that I decided to open my private practice and leased a space...Here are some of my favorites:

1.  Oh, I didn't realize that you were thinking of that... (translation:  Have you really thought this out?)
2.  What?  Are you kidding me?  (translation:  You have now lost your mind.  You need a therapist!)
3.  Are you sure you are ready for that? (translation:  don't go fucking up people's lives!)
4.  And when do you think you can fit this in? (translation:  And when do you think you can fit this in?)
5.  Really?  Wow!  That is so exciting! (Translation:  I am really happy for you!  You will be great!)


I think I am ready for this.  I have gone between #1 and #2, #2 and #4, #4 and #3 and back to #1...several times.   I am now at #5 (for today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment