Sunday, October 30, 2011

Connections

This weekend was an event that my family looks forward to every year.  The Moldova Family Reunion.  When I went on that amazing adventure to Eastern Europe to meet my son and bring him home, I was fortunate enough to share that experience with three other families.  The Murphys, The Burkes, and The Leos.

Having lived through the nerves, the trauma, the frantic moments bonded us together in a way that I  never expected.  We have truly become a family.  We, unfortunately, only get together once or twice a year. But, every time we do, it is like a love fest.  We gush over our children and how big they have gotten, we relive the same stories about the journey every time, we eat great food, Trish has something home-made for everyone, we take pictures and swap stories about how we have gone from having babies to children to pre teens that are embarrassed by us before we have to leave, sad that the day has ended far too quickly.  These children from our journey, and their siblings that have become such an important part of our clan.

These amazing people have touched me and my family, with open acceptance and love, in a way that no one else has.  We have a shared history and I would have it no other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment