Friday, December 30, 2011

sands through the hourglass

2011 is coming to a close...all too quickly.  It amazes me that the older I get, the faster time passes.  I tried to explain this to the kids, but ... oh well.

Every New Year's Eve, I make the same resolution:  To improve my mind, my body and my spirit.  Let's review.

I studied and passed my LICSW exam.  I have such terrible test anxiety and this was a huge hurdle for me emotionally.  This has allowed me to really put my career into a new perspective.  I changed my understanding of what my job meant to me and as a result, was able to change my attitude and approach, which led to greater trust and involvement from my boss.  I started a private practice and have been working diligently to get through all of the insurance boards so that I can build something by me, for me, that will eventually sustain me.

I met a great guy.  Joe has become an integral part of our family.  The children are extremely attached to him and he to them.  He has been a good and reasonable sounding board when I need to think through the tough parenting moments.  A true partner.  I am very thankful for him.

I have been fortunate enough to have really amazing friends that have gotten me through the tough, funny, sad, ridiculous.

I committed to run a marathon...and raise a ton of cash for charity.  This wacky idea has put me back into the gym and my muscles are developing and I feel stronger.  It has been a good message for the children and we talk about giving back.  I have already raised the minimum amount required and still have more than three months to go.  I can see the good in people...people I have never met that are donating to this.

So...long story short.  This year, I met my resolution!  I did it!  Tomorrow night I will make my resolution for 2012:  To improve my mind, my body and my spirit.  Let's hope that 2012 ends as great as 2011.  

No comments:

Post a Comment